This role is a remote based role for the west coast (USA), however we are hiring for a number of positions around the area so it is likely you will have the ability to meet with your local colleagues regularly in a co-working space. CircuitHub as a business is remote first, so we strive to create an inclusive culture for our global team, whether working from home, in our factory or office.
We have multiple vacancies for Production Engineers, to join our remote knowledge team. We are currently undergoing rapid growth and require support for additional production shifts in our EST based prototype factory. The ideal candidate will be self motivated, with a strong focus on quality and producing products to a high standard. They will need to have at least 5 years experience of working in electronics manufacturing, in an SMT capacity and a demonstrable history of seniority and leadership in previous roles. It is crucial that they display great aptitude for planning and scheduling.
Our minimum requirements:
- You can work alone but as part of a team, remotely.
- You have an adequate and stable internet connection.
- You have previously carried out NPI activities for an SMT line(s).
- You have experience inspecting AOI scans, the quality of others and can disposition non-conforming material.
- You are familiar with IPC standards.
- You have strong computer skills.
- You can communicate exceptionally both internally with multiple teams and externally with customers.
- You possess excellent component knowledge, both SMT and PTH technologies.
- You can operate a pick and place machine and/or stencil/jet printing machine.
The perfect candidate:
- You have more than 10 years experience of working in the electronics manufacturing, in an SMT capacity.
- You have a history of using Mycronic or Mydata machines and can operate and program them.
- You can carry out NPI activities using offline Mycronic software such as Factorylogix or MyCamJP and MyCentre.
- You have worked in a regulated industry such as but not limited to medical devices or aerospace equipment.
- You are able to carry out DFM or RMA investigations and root cause analysis.
- You currently have or have previously held a valid CIS IPC-A-610 or CIT certification.
- You have a working knowledge of Gerber data and how to manipulate it.
- You are driven by continuous improvement both in processes and individually.
As a successful candidate you will be responsible for scheduling upcoming work from the order book, for the production team and chasing part and board suppliers. You will also support the rest of the knowledge team with NPI activities, such as programming both the PNP and JP machines, as well as assisting with first article inspection and final product AOI. Additionally you will also assist with implementing continuous improvement projects with the opportunity to lead your own campaigns.